Enjoy some quality crafting time with the kids over the weekend with these easy cactus-inspired crafts
(Published in Essentials Magazine, May 2015. Photographs: Graeme Ainscough)
TAKES 20 Minutes
• Green card, in different shades
• Glue stick
• Cacti templates C, D, & E
• White paint pen
• Pink tissue paper
1. Take 3 sheets of green card and fold each in half lengthways. Glue one half of each folded sheet to the next, to form a 3D card.
2. Lay the 3D card flat and place a cactus template in the middle. Draw around the template, and cut out.
3. Add some ‘needles’ to each side of the 3D cactus with a white paint pen.
4. Scrunch up some small pink tissue paper ‘flowers’ and glue to the top of the cactus.
Those are adorable! Easy craft and fun for kids to do!